Though being a free WordPress Plugin, the utility of WooCommerce is not limited. It offers much more than what a free plugin is expected to do. The acceptability and popularity of WooCommerce can be judged from the fact that it has been downloaded more than one and a half million times. Since its launch in 2011, it has grown significantly in both its users and technological advancements.
1. It’s Free: The best part about WooCommerce is its availability at no cost. Though there are other CMSs present in the market, you have to spend money for getting them. Who would not like to get access to a CMS which is open-source and easy to download for its users.
2. User-friendly: Since WooCommerce is a plugin which comes with WordPress, most of the users will be familiar with it. The number of WordPress users is high and this has lead to the huge acceptance of WooCommerce. Users will save time as there will be no confusion among them.
3. Flexible: The kind of flexibility WooCommerce offers is something which sets it apart from other CMSs. Even if the user is technically challenged, he can categorize his products with individual characteristics, sale prices, etc. Flexibility gives you an edge over other online stores in the market.
4. Customizable: The best part about WooCommerce is fact that even though being free, it can be customized as per your business needs and requirements. Just implement a few tweaks and you can make your site appear unique. There are several themes to give your site an exquisite look.
5. Professional Management: WooCommerce comes with several customer engagement tools for better management of the online store. Inbuilt tracking capability, inventory control, coupon codes, tax settings, shipping preferences, etc makes it easier for you to handle it professionally.
6. Analytics: Monitoring and controlling your ecommerce website is very important as it helps in taking the right decision at the right time. WooCommerce comes with a built-in analytics tool providing valuable inputs such as individual customer stats, total sales, etc for analysis.
7. Functions: If you are not satisfied with the free pack, you can always enhance the functionality through extensions, either paid or free. There are extensions available for various functions such as accounting, marketing, payment gateways, etc, helping in better control of your online store.
8. Much More Than Ecommerce: Besides creating e-commerce sites with familiar interface, WooCommerce allows its users to do a lot of other things as well. Build an online store with a professional site which also has a blog section for better visitor’s engagement.