Magento is one of the most preferred PHP framework for all developers. Magento 1 was good and had a lot of features. But now that Magento 2 is out there has been a debate if it is better than Magento 1. Everyone wants to know if it is a superior ecommerce solution than Magento 1.
Here in this article we shall discuss how Magento 2 will be a better solution provider than Magento 1.
- Magento 2 supports the latest PHP versions, including PHP7. These versions already include security fixes and improvements that will enhance the website performance and speed.
- Magento 2 is improved in terms of technological upgrades, modularity and performance. This makes it more attractive bigger enterprises and ecommerce business.
- If you are starting a new ecommerce store or your ecommerce store has performance issues, you must choose Magento 2. Even if you plan to have bigger modifications to your website or using an outdated version, Magento 2 should be an obvious choice.
- There has been admin user interface improvements with Magento 2. This means only one user can be logged in as admin user account. This is a helpful security measure and nobody can login with the same username when a developer is working on the website.
- The backend administrative backend dashboard is now responsive and touch friendly for navigation. This becomes easy for developers using tablets. The menu and links throughout the admin are spread out enough to easily tap on while using a tablet or mobile devices.
- With Magento 2, there are enhancements in streamlined product and attribute configuration. This means common tasks like product creation are enhanced. There will be a streamline experience in individually creating simple products to associate to a parent configurable. There will be workflow speedup while creating new products.
- The customization option for sales has been improved in Magento 2 as compared to Magento 1. This means more customization can be done at faster speed and in a more streamlined workflow.
- The quality of searches and user experience has been improved with Magento 2. It can handle 33 languages and developers rely on Elastisearch because of its various benefits.
- Magento 2 is cheaper than Magento 1 and has new extensions and modules. Installation of these extensions don’t take as much time as they used to with Magento 1.
- Magento 2 has enhanced mobile friendliness of your website. It comes with new responsively designed themes.
- Magento 2 brings automated testing that improves code quality and speeds up the QA process for a faster time to market.
- With Magento 2 you can schedule marketing campaigns with a drag and drop interface.
- Magento 2 does not require you to contact developers every time you want to add or remove the columns on the orders or customers management grid. You can do that simply from the available list in admin panel.
Magento 2 is clearly more enhanced than Magento 1. It is more refined version and has a lot more to offer than Magento 1. Thus it is preferred that while starting an ecommerce website or making changes, Magneto 2 is chosen.