Your website serves as the official storefront of your business. When it is not up and running, or if it fails to perform its truest function, this could greatly affect your business as a whole and compromise your risks of getting more customers, thus leaving negative impacts on your sales. This is the reason why choosing the best website designing company is a must to ensure that they know what to do to remove bugs and how to remove them.
Aside from paying attention to website speed and SEO, there are several things that you can do to ensure that your website will be completely bug-free and run as smoothly as possible.
- Start by proofreading your content. Keep in mind that the content must be grammatically correct, error-free, and of course, consistent.
- Test your website with the use of the most famous web browser. Your site must function and look the same no matter what type of web browser you will use. You can test your website on Internet Explorer 9, 10, and 11, Safari, Chrome, and Firefox.
- Test your site with the use of the most in-demand devices. The overall web browsing experience must be consistent no matter what type of device you choose to use. You can test your site on an Android tablet, several Android phones, iPhone, iPad, and others.
- Make sure you validate every link. All the links must take you to the right page, whether it is a different page on your site or a completely different website.
- Consider validating styles and fonts. Your fonts must have a consistent size and style, and the look of your site must match the original design.
- Validate the security of the website. Ensure to check if each page is secured or not. For instance, for an ecommerce site with a form page asking for sensitive details, the login mechanism should be protected.
- Assess the online forms on the website. If your site has several forms, see to it that you can fill these out and the submit button works efficiently. In addition to that, double-check the form data that’s stored and collected according to the requirements.
- Check if the email notifications are sent on time. Somebody at your company must get a confirmation email for every form that is submitted. Double-check if everybody has received the right notification.
- Know if the custom functionality works properly. For instance, the section of your work in your website is a custom module that should be tested around some site’s several sections.
Getting rid of website bugs is not that complicated as long as you pay attention to these at the earliest time possible to avoid any serious threats to your important data. However, you have to take note that each website is different and there are other things that must be tested. Following the tips mentioned above will surely make a difference in eliminating website bugs. Just ensure to do it right.