There are many PHP frameworks available in the marketplace and finding the right PHP framework for developing a website or web application is not easy. Laravel is one the most popular and preferred PHP framework. Google Trend and many such comparisons showed that Laravel was the most popular PHP framework in 2017. However, the question arises that will it be still the best in 2018?
Laravel is different from other frameworks and has some of the best features and specifications which will make it the most preferred in 2018. Let us see some of these reasons why Laravel is the best framework:
1. Object Oriented Libraries – One of the several factors that set Laravel apart from others is its Object Oriented Libraries. It comes with many pre installed libraries. This may not be the case with other options. Authentication library is very impressive. The advanced feature that comes with the authentication library makes it a must have. Some of these features include encryption, CSRF protection, password reset etc.
2. Authorization Technique – Laravel has successfully implemented authentication techniques in a very simple manner which is one the best feature of Laravel. Laravel also provides a simple way to organize authorization logic and control access to resources.
3. MVC support – One of the reason which makes Laravel the best PHP framework is that it supports MVC Architecture like Symfony, ensuring clarity between logic and presentation. MVC helps in improving the performance, allows better documentation and has multiple built in functionalities.
4. Artisan – Not many know, but Laravel offers a built in tool named Artisan. A developer has to usually interact with the laravel framework using a command line that creates and handles Laravel project environment. Thus Laravel has provided this built in tool for command line called Artisan. With the help of this tool, we can perform the majority of those repetitive and tedious programming tasks that developers usually avoid to perform manually.
5. Security – Application’s security is one of the most important part for a developer. Laravel takes care of the security within its framework which means that password would never save a plain text in database. Laravel uses Bcrypt hashing algorithm for generating encrypted representation of a password.
6. Blade Templating Engine – This engine of Laravel is very intuitive and working with the typical PHP/HTML spaghetti so much better that it has become one of the best features of the framework.
7. Tutorials – Laravel offers Laracasts which features a mix of free as well as paid video tutorials that show how to use Laravel. The lessons are very meaningful and well thought of and help a lot in using Laravel.
8. Database Migration – For every developer, it is important to keep database in sync between development machines. Laravel has made database migrations extremely easy.
Clearly, Laravel has gained popularity because of its flexible features. Even the Laravel community offers great support for software development process. The above mentioned are some of the main reasons for Laravel to be the best PHP framework in 2018.