Responsive designing is the type of the trending system, which helps in making the website adaptable to any size and screen. It fits itself on any type of screen, from tablets, smartphones, computer, and laptops automatically. This theme makes sure that the website not only fits on the screen but its content and performance is usable and can satisfy the user.
As the responsive designing is going in trend, many e-commerce sites are also adapting it to their businesses. This is very beneficial for the companies as they can provide the service to their customers on any screen size and device. This system can have an efficient working system. This theme helps the website to get the constant user experience in a positive sense.
We will see some of the pros and cons of the Responsive Designing for the e-commerce site and how it is affecting the users.
The Pros of the Responsive designing for the e-commerce websites are:
The responsive design theme can give the users the best experience on the websites, as they can open the websites with their device wherever they are. It also gives the web designers the open rein to experiment and match the content, images, features, and navigation according to their choice and demand. The users who are used to the desktop screen can easily understand the same features on the small screen.
- The responsive theme is easy to adopt as it uses only one set of URL and HTML codes. Unlike the multiple codes used in the static design. All the changes take place on the website once and then it can be further controlled by the single CMS. This also helps in making the maintenance of the website easy.
- It saves a lot of your time, money and efforts as you don’t have to make the separate websites for the particular content.
- Even the updates are carried out once when the need arises. The steps for the responsive designing are flexible and can be fitted to suit the multiple devices and needs.
- The loading speed of the website page becomes slower. The slow loading page affects the user experience and the conversion rate as well as the search rating. This is the biggest weakness of the responsive theme.
- The responsive designs cost a lot than the static website. There is a lot of complexity and tricks involved in its designs which increases its rate.
- Websites which posts advertisements might find difficult to adopt this theme. They need to fix those ads with their content without making it heavy or slow.
Some of the cons of the responsive designing site are:
These are some of the general pros and cons of the responsive designing in the e-commerce website.