Starting anything new be it small or big is a tedious task especially when it has got something to do with your business. E-commerce site creation is like a blessing for your business provided you are done with your checklist thoroughly. There are a lot of things that needs to be taken care of before launching your ecommerce website. The checklist below will give you all the necessary ingredients of putting up a complete and exhaustive ecommerce site.
1. First impression does matters for your customers
The only reason for a high bounce rate for any website is its disability to engage visitors. If the homepage and navigation used is not attractive enough to the probable shopper, you might be at the receiving end. The whole idea should be to make visitor love your page and instigate them to go further with the shopping. There are some tips which can be followed in order to make the visitor’s experience enhancing and enriched.
- Go for a beautiful and well designed logo
- Make your website all browser compatible
- Graphics and links for the promotional activities should be properly inserted
- Put search field at the site’s top with proper call to action
- Display all your latest news, discounts and special offers
- Store finder can be integrated if possible
- Language option will be an added advantage
2. Site Management and look is important too
Change is inevitable and your ecommerce website should also be flexible enough to incorporate the relevant changes as and when required. Your ecommerce site should undergo constant alteration and modification in order to remain updated with the latest technology. The tips provided below will help you improve your ecommerce website’s look and management factors.
- Minimalist design for easy navigation and security reminders throughout the process
- Remove broken links and give a proper link to pages like career, FAQ and social sites
- Link for return and exchange and supplier information page for customer’s reliability
- A shopping cart and tab showing all categories and products available
- Responsive on all devices with a high loading speed
- Use breadcrumbs to facilitate online shoppers finding products and pages they want
- Present all your payment method with the security measures attached
3. Product pages need special attention
Whenever a potential customer land up on a particular product page of your ecommerce website, you have very little time to grab his attention. Your product page design and layout should be such that it turns a potential into an actual customer. The various tips which will make your product page informative and useful for the customer are given below.
- Customer reviews along with call to action should be used
- Multiple product images with zoom-in functionality
- Descriptive product information with an optimized title for each
- Add-to-cart with all the discount offers and and benefits
- Complete information like material, color, weight about all products available
- Live chat and comments section for customer’s interaction
- Social site sharing buttons with share and views option
- Special deals for regular and heavy customers
- Keywords inclusion for each product page to help in improving search engine rankings
- Product page loading time should be in tune with the homepage loading time
4. Article, Blog and Media pages cannot be ignored
Educating your customers about your new product inclusion, launch and anything exciting will always add more eyeballs to your ecommerce site. Even from search engine ranking point of view these additional content on your website will help you. The various pages which should be included in your ecommerce website to increase your brand’s image and credibility are listed below.
- Various tutorial and educational pages to educate your customers
- Showcase all your company’s events and news through blog posts
- Add blog commenting section to add customer’s involvement
- Video testimonials, radio, webcast and podcast page for customer’s convenience
- Article page with unique content to give insights about the industry
- Interaction session with loyal customer page
5. Don’t miss Customer follow-up and Support page section
Your customer is your best friend, philosopher and guide. You can use his suggestions, complaints and experiences for your betterment. You can help your customers by providing them with support page. You can start interacting with your customers on a regular basis by adopting some of the measures mentioned below.
- Provide them with a price receipt along with product’s picture
- Attract your non-active customers by giving them various discounts and offers
- Give option of cancelling the order and a link to track shipment
- Provide contact information including email, phone numbers and address details
- Customer support page showing your customer-oriented approach
- FAQs page for visitor’s convenience
I believe this is by far the main factors that should be considered before going live with your own new ecommerce website. Follow these tips to come up with the most feature-rich ecommerce site.