After three rapid algorithm updates by Google and inflated semantic relevancy of search results, you can finally expect that SEO is moving towards quality based search engine rankings. Google has been clearly signalling that quality based SEO is future.
If you are running a web site and wish to have a quick idea of which are few key SEO aspects to optimize any website for search engines as well as users, here are few most vital, easy and effective SEO practices we have been implementing till the date. These techniques work well for search engine rankings and will surely work as well in 2014 and beyond it.
Control the content quality
- Content should be rich, in-depth, meaningful and clear.
- Avoid stuffing keywords. Write naturally.
- Think about what words users would use to find your website and ensure that your content actually embody those words.
- Wherever possible, use texts rather than image
- For all images, make sure you put descriptive ALT text. Avoid cramming ALT text with keywords.
- Do not use iframes for video content
- Generate high quality, engaging content that stands out
- Frequently moderate automatically or user generated content like comments, reviews etc
- Do not copy the content. If you do , cite the source page within the content.
- Markup the content using structured data for better understanding of search engines.
- Link inner pages from your website wherever it is relevant.
- Make sure every of your inner page has at least one interlink from another page that’s linked from homepage. It ensures that no page of your site is left non-indexed by search engine crawlers.
- Control number of links pointing to external domains.
- Check for broken links and correct them.
- Build prime quality backlinks from relevant websites.
Optimize site structure
- Avoid dynamic URLs.
- Breakdown your web site into ultra-specific webpages, each page targeting on two-three keywords.
- Use Robots.txt to allot page access, point sitemap and block ads from being crawled by search engines.
- Have a clear hierarchical structure of your pages.
Ensure user’s convenience
- Make sure that your website is compatible with all browsers.
- Offer clear navigation using breadcrumb.
- Make your website design responsive.
- Minimize the site loading time.
Prepare and submit sitemap
- Prepare detailed XML sitemap, add it to your root folder and submit it to search engines (submit using webmaster tools for Google specifically).
- Create a webpage featuring a non-complex HTML sitemap for users who want to access all your pages from a single document. Break the sitemap into multiple parts if it is too complex.
Make sure your website is listed and indexed
- After building a great web site, now it is time to make sure that your website is listed for maximum possible exposure online. Submit your URL to relevant directories and search engines. Submit your website for indexing to Google, Yahoo, Bing and major internet directories like DMOZ and Yahoo.
- Avoid low quality directories for submitting your site. Those directories might affect your website adversely.
If you ensure that all these guidelines are followed by your web site, you will never have to fear from website penalty and ranking downfall threats. Remember one thing, never bargain with quality, user experience and Google’s webmaster guidelines. That is all you need.
Smartinfosys.net provides best in class SEO services with 100% organic, business specific SEO techniques. We have served dozens of clients all over the world for their SEO needs and fulfilled their corporate goals with top search engine rankings. You can contact us via phone, chat or email for highly credible and affordable SEO services for your own website.