Drupal is one of the most popular content management systems as it contains thousands of modules that can increase website’s functionality, it offers a variety of benefits that make it very appealing for its millions of users around the world. These benefits range from Administration to Connect properties and abilities but mainly have to do with the fact that the CMS is open source and thus easy for customization. The following are a breakdown of what exactly makes Drupal “an asset for developers” and the benefits of choosing Drupal for your web development.
- Easy to manage– Compared with most of the other content management systems, Drupal may seem difficult, however once it is explained, it grants the abilities to do practically anything with the site content.
- Open source– Drupal is open source unlike most Content Management Systems like WordPress and Joomla and is beneficial because it allows the developer to modify the source code away from the template and creative something unique and innovative each time.
- Customization– Drupal allows the user to get into the source code and modify it to the greatest extent possible making your site look brand new and one which was never ever created before. Other Content Management Systems offer variety of templates due to which sites look like modified copies of one another. Drupal offers your site the liberty to look unique not only in appearance but navigation, features available and the layout too.
- Drupal community– a healthy and active, using and operating Drupal community exists which can be reached any time for any problems encountered in using Drupal. With a fully open code, solutions to problems are never in short supply.
- SEO Friendly– As SEO plays a vital role in any company’s online marketing strategies, Drupal enables companies to come forward with SEO-friendly websites. It has enormous flexibility to display content in a way that search engines like.
- Mobile- ready– Increasing spread of smart devices opens the doors for new marketing platform for the companies. Smart devices’ users can also view the Drupal website the same as that of the desktop users. Drupal is not only easy to scale but is fully supportive of mobile usage. Small businesses can rely on this feature in order to generate more leads.
- Enterprise – Class Software– In terms of scalability, flexibility, reliability, manageability, security, interoperability, and availability of resources; Drupal is an enterprise-class CMS. Developers can readily integrate it with other applications like SAP, phpBB, etc
- Extensive API support– Facebook, Twitter, Google Apps, Google Analytics, YouTube, etc. provide an extensive API support for Drupal. Developers can create own custom modules by using such well-documented API.
- Easy redeployment– As technology evolves, preferences of people change it is necessary to constantly revamp and redesign to have a competitive edge in the market. This requires changing the design of site and how it works. These modifications do take a longer time but with Drupal this has now been made easy and swift.
- Administration and Organization– Drupal offers creating smart content for writers and editors, create friendly path URL’S, ease of associating different content with the help of its many tools available for structuring the site.
In a nutshell, Drupal is an advanced CMS system offering enormous solutions enabling developers to make a feature-rich, high-quality website that fulfills all the requirements of their clients. On the other hand, companies can get the dynamic and innovative websites to attract users. From community web portals to personal websites, from eCommerce sites to social networking sites, from newsletters to resource directories – Drupal web development enables organizations to address all the requirements for stronger online presence.